Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's all in the nose...

It's no secret man's best friend takes great pleasure in sniffing about the crotch and caboose regions. We've all witnessed one of these invasions... and some of us have even been victimized. Why does it always seem like Bosco will lock in on one particular person and terrorize them relentlessly?

Just what is the attraction though? After doing exhaustive researched (I googled "dogs sniffing butts") I think I've found the answer. According to Dogster.com, smelling the other dogs' private area tells the dog a lot about the dog he is meeting, such as their gender and their sexual status.

I would assume it's the same rationale (if dogs even have the ability to rationalize, which I highly doubt... am I now heading down a very strange path?!) when they partake in this type of exploration with people. So am I to assume that the person Bosco ends up "hounding" (I just embarrassed myself) the whole night is the person that will have him panting after hours?

But the most interesting thing I found from my google search was this gem...


No comments: