Thursday, July 16, 2009

a must read

"They" say great work moves people. The following article moved me from calm to pissed off in about 10 seconds- http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/29127316/the_great_american_bubble_machine
Matt Taibbi comes out swinging at Goldman Sachs. It would be naive to think that Goldman is the only one dealing like this, but they are the biggest and most influential of the bunch. So I have no problem with Taibbi going right after the "Sacks".

I'm all for free enterprise and turning big profits as long as it's done in an ethical manner. What these asses did to cover themselves in the mortgage mess was the equivalent of a boxer with cracked ribs putting money on his opponent before stepping in the ring.

I used to work with a fella named Paul Heinsohn, the son of legendary Boston Celtic Tommy Heinsohn. Paul had his merit review and I was about to have mine. So I asked him how the raises were. He said "Mike, bend over... grab your ankles... and get ready for the big one." If Goldman Sachs is looking for a new slogan that might be a good place to start...

No comments: