Saturday, July 25, 2009

it's only rock n roll

i got to enjoy the sweet sounds of Green Day the other night at the TD Banknorth Garden. one thing was evident... the boys still know how to rock out with your (insert another name for rooster) out!!!

the first time i saw Green Day was back in 1995 (during my freshman year of higher learning) when this album was huge. not only was the show amazing, so was the preshow partying i participated in... and i must admit i probably did some things i shouldn't have that night. but now i'm an old geezer and the craziest thing i did this time around was read the driving directions incorrectly.. resulting in a quick detour to Logan Airport... those Air Canada pilots really know how to stick a landing.

anyways, i was hoping the boys would play Geek Stink Breath, but they didn't. so why not share the video... which features a friend of the band having a tooth pulled...



they did play one of my absolute favorites..

Dearly beloved are you listening?
I can't remember a word that you were saying
Are we demented or am I disturbed?
The space that's in between insane and insecure

Oh therapy, can you please fill the void?
Am I retarded or am I just overjoyed?
Nobody's perfect and I stand accused
For lack of a better word and that's my best excuse

Jesus Of Suburbia

No comments: