Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Jock Strap: Oh Boyd

Welcome to another installment of the jock strap, where we feature athletes who are a little less jock and lot more strap. Meet former South Carolina football player Cory Boyd. In front of a national television audience Cory decided that would be a great time to declare that he's "back, back like cooked crack!"




I'm guessing Cory did not graduate with at least a 3.0 G.P.A. I have not confirmed this, but I'm thinking he probably didn't graduate at all. Cory did go on to play in the NFL in 2008, but was not drafted coming out of college... I wonder if character concerns played a part in that?

Ironically, he was teammates last year with another fellow strap. That's right, he and Travis "Horny" Henry (of 11 children with 10 different women fame) were both running backs for the Denver Broncos last year. I can only imagine the conversations these two had during practice. It should come as no surprise that the Broncos cut both Crack & Horny this offseason.

I am no sports agent but if Cory is signed by another team for the 2009 season he may want to declare something like... "I'm back, I'm back like a healthy snack. "

1 comment:

pappymine said...

What a schmuck...graduated from the Michael Vick School of Charm